Presentations, including a session with one of the nation’s leading pediatric hospitals, will explore the shifts associated with the move to value-based care
BUFFALO, N.Y., February 21, 2018 – CTG, an information technology (IT) solutions and services company—and a recognized leader in the planning, design, implementation, and optimization of the IT solutions and processes shaping healthcare—today invites attendees at HIMSS18 to an extensive lineup of presentations that will explore the pivotal issues shaping the industry’s move to value-based care. The presentations will take place at the CTG booth, #5237, throughout the conference, held March 5-9, 2018, at the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas.
“Whether you believe healthcare is undergoing a revolution or a steady evolution from a fee-for-service model to one that measures success by value and outcomes of care, one thing is certain: we are in the midst of a fundamental shift that requires the industry to embrace new, more effective technologies and ways of working,” said Rob Barras, CTG’s Vice President of Health Solutions.
“At CTG, we believe healthcare is experiencing both—a ‘(r)evolution’ that couples fast-paced change with steady progression. Our presentations reflect some of the most common issues faced and feature practitioners and experts who help organizations move forward, regardless of where they are in the shift to value-based care,” Barras continued.
CTG helps healthcare organizations successfully address the dynamics shaping the industry, and offers a comprehensive suite of services that can be tailored to meet the unique needs of each client. The company’s Health Solutions practice is dedicated to helping healthcare provider, payer, life science, and related organizations achieve their clinical and financial goals through effective technology and business solutions.
Presentations at the CTG booth (#5237) will include:
- “Akron Children’s: The Journey and Transition from a Fee-for-Service Culture in Preparation for Value-Based Care Models”—David Karas, M.D., Medical Director, Quality Improvement at Akron Children’s Hospital, and Jeanette Ball, R.N., B.S.N., Delivery Manager, Advisory Services at CTG, will share how Akron Children’s developed a quality, data-driven organization optimized to deliver and grow with the transition to value-based care. Ball and Karas will share how the health system, including 28 primary care offices across 12 counties serving more than 175,000 patients, effectively made the technological, business, and cultural transformation required.
When: Wednesday, March 7 at 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- “Mergers & Acquisitions: Tactical Play Books for IT Integration and Standardization”—Hamish Stewart-Smith, Managing Director at CTG, will provide attendees with an overview of the strategies and proven tactics healthcare organizations can utilize to successfully address the IT and operational issues that emerge during and after a merger or acquisition—an increasingly common occurrence in the healthcare space. Specifically, attendees will learn how to effectively standardize and integrate the myriad systems used throughout the industry.
When: Wednesday, March 7 at 3 p.m.; Thursday, March 8 at 11 a.m.
- “Data Profiling’s Role in Surviving the Shift to Value-based Care: A Practical Solution to Address Data Quality”—John Walton, Client Solution Executive at CTG, will provide attendees with an overview of proven steps they can take to address one of the most pressing challenges confronting organizations in the move to data-driven, value-based care: the significant roadblocks imposed by data quality issues to the timely implementation of population health management and other vital healthcare analytics solutions.
When: Tuesday, March 6 at 11 a.m.; Wednesday, March 7 at 4 p.m.; Thursday, March 8 at 10 a.m.
- “Epic Service Desk at a Large IDN: Positive Impact on Patient Care, Upstream Cost Savings”—Ann Crow, Senior Client Support Manager at CTG, and Hamish Stewart-Smith will provide attendees with an overview of how a large integrated delivery network realized value from its Epic Service Desk by improving service to their clinical staff members, and ultimately, improving patient care. Presenters will cover lessons learned, best practices, and results recognized by the organization.
When: Tuesday, March 6 at 10 a.m.; Wednesday, March 7 at 2 p.m.
- “Patient Portal: If You Build It, Will They Come? The Growing Need for Patient Engagement Strategies”—Joseph Esdale, Client Support Manager at CTG, and Davianne Buckley, Senior Client Support Manager at CTG, discuss the value of patient portals, common mistakes that impact patient engagement, and best practices that attendees can use to help increase patient engagement and ensure success at their own organizations.
When: Tuesday, March 6 at 4 p.m.; Wednesday, March 7 at 11 a.m.
“Our goal is to share valuable information with HIMSS18 attendees that they, in turn, can utilize in their own organization’s to address the challenges they are facing,” added Barras. “This is a pivotal time for the healthcare industry. Industry-wide events, like HIMSS, present invaluable opportunity to learn from each other.”
About CTG: CTG provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India. The Company regularly posts news and other important information online at www.ctg.com.
HIMSS18 On-site Contact: Amanda LeBlanc
Vice President, Marketing
email@example.com; +1 225 772 8865
Media Contact: Ken Phillips
+1 781 418 2437